Monday, October 17, 2011


I need to be in a good mood.  I have phone calls to make and aside from that, if I injure one of our dogs, on purpose, people will frown upon that.

What did the dogs do?


Neither did the kids but they are in harms way too.  As in anyone who takes offence to "colourful" language because if it gets anymore colourful around here I'm going to start puking rainbows.

You guessed it, I have been possessed by hormonal fluctuations turning me from my usual feisty self to a something a little more akin to murderous/dangerous rather than "spirited".

The day started out okay.  I went to Costco and walked away from some snowman solar lights.  I carried them around for awhile but then used self-control and walked away.

This has nothing to do with the fact that I can go there again tomorrow, if I want, and buy them.  Nor does it have anything to do with the fact that I didn't get a cart and had to set the lights down so I could carry a flat of water.

Nothing at all.

Then I had Wendy's for lunch because there is not enough salt in the free world right now and Wendy's fries are de-lic-ious.

Then I was on time for a workshop I attended this afternoon.  It was held in a very nice boardroom with an educated intelligent woman at the helm.  It was useful information and fed into the small longing I have, at times, to still be a part of the "professional" world.  Not that I am not part of it now but given I work from my home and clean up cat vomit and occasionally have to wipe an ass other than my own, this was a real treat.

The commute home began the downhill trend.  I had to pee.  A lot but was much later than usual picking up my boys and my husband was working and so I was trying to hurry home...

oh wait, my 7 year old just spotted the "B"s my four year old decorated our off white couch with this weekend.  The four year old immediately owned up to in the sense that apparently it was an "accident".  There are roughly four "B"s, an "R" and some other random scribbles.  Big accident.

Anyway, my bladder was ready to burst and my left eye was under assault from my contact lens and the sun was in my eyes and it all. sucked. a. lot.

Then we came home to feed the four ravenous animals awaiting us and then the kids.  Then listen to arguing over who got more or better treats after supper.  I luckily was awarded a free box of Halloween candy for spending an exorbitant amount of money on groceries on the weekend so after supper each boy got three treats.  Except Reese got a peanut butter cup and Rhett didn't.  Rhett chose different treats but lost his freaking mind when he realized he hadn't gotten a peanut butter cup.  I did not give him one but chose to deal with this by having my own three (seven) treats.

My lamp died on my desk, I forgot to send back a skating permission form and the teacher put a note in my son's agenda and I NEVER forget stuff like that and my work area is cluttered and crowded and so after searching the house for a working lamp and bulb, I decided I best cope with the clutter and disorganization by writing this post.

And you know what? I feel better.

Not as good as I will feel after having few (the rest of the box) more treats, but better all the same.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling better! Looks like we both had some decluttering to do! I feel better too!!!