Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Raising the Roof

This will be short people because I have to be at work in less than an hour and am currently wearing my favourite sweat pants (shocker, I know) and am sans make-up.  It is best if I try not to leave the house too often without make-up for the general good of society. 

Anyway, it's on like Donkey Kong (whatever, I know it's lame, shut up).   It's fundraising time again.  For those of you who've known me for a little while now, you'll remember the bitterness creeping up on hatred-kind of feelings I have for fundraising.  However when the little darlings wish to go to Europe and Mommy got her ass fired for writing mean things on line, then fundraising is a must.

Just so we are clear on my previous fundraising experience check this out over on Searching.  I do believe it speaks volumes.

Anyway, last night marked the first meeting into the 7th Circle of Hell that is Fundraising and I bit the bullet and volunteered to help run one of the groups.  Why would I do this if I hate it so much?  Well because then I have some actual control.  Then I won't have to listen someone sound out the word 'Memorial' ever again.  At least not a grown woman.  And yes, this happened during my previous experience.  There will be actual minutes.  There will be a level of organization.  Hopefully, and I say this with careful optimism, I won't want to scrape out my eyeballs with a melon baller during each and every meeting.  The meetings will have purpose.  They will not drag on unnecessarily while we discuss wait times at the local Emergency Room (also happened).

Basically I am a person who is short on patience (I know, again, you didn't see that one coming) but will work hard when there is a purpose and will do my best.  It's hard for me to do those things when saddled with illiterates who have nothing but time on their hands for idle chatter and plain old dumb-assed-ness.

I will keep you posted on this journey.  A journey that starts now but will not end until roughly December of next year.  This should provide a decent amount of fodder for your entertainment.

Now who wants to buy raffle tickets?  Chocolates?  Volunteer their garage for a bottle drive?

God help me...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, good luck! I avoid school functions at all costs! I twice got suckered into chaperoning a field trip and both times said I would never do it again. I know...fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me! At least I wasn't fooled thrice! OMG...I haven't had the opportunity to use that word in so long! Wahooo!

    I would love to order chocolates and seriously, I would because we never say "no" to school or scout fundraisers (buying, not administrating) but I fear it would only be another headache for you to send them to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicki! I don't do field trips because I don't like other people's children enough and as has been thoroughly covered, I lack patience on all levels. When I was younger I would go on the odd one with my two older children but age has not granted me with more patience, sadly enough! Rock out with Thrice! ha ha

    We are not selling chocolates yet but if/when we are lady, I will keep you in mind!

    Thanks for the comment. Comments make me happy :)

    ReplyDelete