Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Slightly Discouraged

Gah. Okay, I know the number one rule of Blogging is to write for yourself, first and foremost. I do that.  What I would like eventually though is for other people to get on board and enjoy my writing as much as I do.  As of August 21, 2010 I will have blogged for one year.  And I am currently at 15 followers on this blog, which I started at the end of June and one of the followers is anonymous which makes me paranoid it's my former employer.  My previous blog, Searching, has 14 followers and then I have PMS Chronicles which has eight followers.  One of my new followers has been blogging for less than a month and has 33 followers.  Sigh.  What am I doing wrong?

Her blog is really cool looking, I'll give her that.  And she clearly has more Internet savvy than I do.  I think I'm going to have to forsake sleep in an effort to master this thing Prince said was dead and get my shit together.  I love blogging and all it entails. I really enjoy being a part, however small, of the blogging community.

That being said, I'm also vain, if you can consider it that, and I want followers!  Who didn't give birth to me.  To those of you currently following me, thank you.  You have no idea what it does to my spirits when I check in and see a new follower.  And comments?  Also make my day.

So how about you throw this girl a bone (mind out of the gutter) and follow me!

This is pathetic.  Begging for followers.  Okay, how about this instead: if you have swung by a time or two and chose not to follow, let me know why.  Was it the writing?  If so, cool.   Your taste obviously is lacking.  If it was content or design or something of that nature, I'd appreciate any and all input.

Thanks!

15 comments:

  1. I have read each and every one of your blogs Angela but don't think I am "formally" registered as a follower! Keep on writing - I look forward to reading your daily blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thanks Anonymous! I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you know I read them all and I am anonymous! But you said you recognize my comments? I don't think I am registered? BUT I do read them all....(J)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hatleydan@hotmail.comAugust 3, 2010 at 8:59 PM

    Well, I guess you would include me in the list of people that didn't give birth to you. Not sure where else I would fit in....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes J. I know who you are. And I appreciate your comments. And Mr. Hotmail you are correct in that you did not give birth to me; I think we both would have remembered something like that. That being said, I didn't realize you were a reader, so cool. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might be your anonymous follower... I didn't know how to make it my name cause I'm technologically retarded....
    Megs

    ReplyDelete
  7. No Megs, it's okay. Once you try to follow you can choose whether or not you want it visible to everyone. So if this sounds familiar, it's you and that makes me rest a little easier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I post comments but unsure if I am a follower- my son returns home soon so will get him to get me following you...stalker of your blogs I will be friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lori, you always know how to make me smile. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Angela - keep doing what you're doing and please, please try not to worry about followers. I've found that the less I worry about it, and the more I focus on generating creative content, the more followers I get. There are also a couple of basic things that you can do to garner yourself a following - such as guest post on other blogs, host giveaways, or market yourself on twitter and facebook by participating in conversations with "bigger" bloggers within your niche. Have you read A Merry Life's ebook about building a better healthy living blog? There is a link to it on my site, and it's a resource that helped me TREMENDOUSLY so I really recommend it for bloggers who are struggling with connecting with others within their field. Most importantly DO NOT DESPAIR. It takes an unusually long time to get people to keep coming back to your blog, but it helps to sort of "be everywhere" as in massive and frequent commenting on blogs that you admire and that has a similar concept to your own and being persistent with social media networking. This was very difficult for me, because I have a hard time sort of putting myself out there, but I assure you it can be done and it will help you. Good luck!!
    xoxox m

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for your input! It's much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OKay...Okay...I'll follow you! I love reading your blog after a long mind numbing day. So when I'm drinking my Vodka, it doesn't seem like I'm drinking alone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi
    I love reading your blog. I liked it the first day when I saw the statement under your title. I said, damn, that's honest! I mean, it's a place to share and vent and it's yours.
    I've been blogging since April, and I have a few followers now, but it's probably not due to my writing skills. lol. I do a lot of the me me's and follow me things. I like doing them cause I find lots of blogs to look at and I get some followers too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all of the blogs I've found. It's such a huge community. That being said I feel like a Naughty Nelly because I haven't checked out yours yet. Will do so straight away!

    ReplyDelete