Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I Do NOT Waddle

I have two teenagers.  And two more children that are not but this doesn't concern them.  I have a son who is 16 and a daughter who is 13.  It is she, who keeps me grounded.

Case in point:  Today she was dealing with the dogs in the living room while I made supper and caught up on some blogs.  I could tell she was getting frustrated so I went to check in.  She was attempting to get Chuy, the puppy, to stay in his puppy bed rather than engage in further aggressive play with Toby, our 'senior' dog.  Chuy was having none of it and Toby was just panting and looking exhausted.  They'd already been playing for quite awhile.  So I giggled at Justine while she attempted to reason with this little demon we've brought into our home and told her to put them outside because then they'll stop. She said then the dogs would just want back in.  I said they would not. 

Her reply?

"Yeah, sure, it's easy for you to waddle in here and say that after sitting on your laptop for the last hour".

Excuse me?  Did I hear that right? Did you just say waddle?

I didn't even have to say anything when her already big eyes got bigger and she started giggling and proclaiming "I didn't mean it like that!!"  Which prompted me to flip her over and tickle her and pretend to spank her.  We were both laughing because I know she didn't mean it like that. However I did not let it go and made references to myself waddling for the rest of the evening.

To be clear as to whether or not I actually waddle, I am 5'7" tall and weigh about 130 lbs. Oh wait, it's not 1993?  Shoot. Well, anyway, I'm 5'7" and I weigh about its-none-of-your-business. It is, however, less than 400 lbs.,so therefore I do not waddle.

Having a teenage daughter is a reality check every day all day.  And my daughter is brutally honest.  This is a trait she comes by honestly and I love her for it.  She is sensitive, funny, smart and gorgeous, inside and out.  And? She's mean.  Again, this potentially could have something to do with genetics.  So I dare not complain.  Unless she makes reference to my waddling again and if so, it's game on. 

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I think waddling would actually be kind of cool! I think I'll spend the rest of the night waddling and see why you are so against being called a waddler!

    Single Dad Laughing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, if you are a female who is not within days or hours of giving birth, waddling is not cool!

    ReplyDelete