Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday Night Slut

There is almost nothing better in the world than a Sunday night when you don't have to go to work the next morning. It's comparable to finding money in a jacket pocket. Or the first time your baby sleeps through the night. Or if you don't have a baby but you're female it's like losing five pounds without even trying. Well that might be taking it a step too far. But if you're a man it's like a day filled with only sports and beer. Point being, I like it.

I like it so much in fact that I even consented to renting a movie with Jackie Chan in it tonight. My husband and sons are currently watching that family spy movie he's in. Billy Ray Cyrus is even in it. Normally that combination would be enough for me to unequivocally refuse any request to rent such drivel. However, it's Sunday night. Which means tomorrow is Monday. Which means a large amount of the population will be going to work tomorrow morning. Except for me. Truth be told, the movie is not all that bad and listening to my three year old heartily fake laugh is worth the rental alone.

Here's the real kicker: we rented another movie, to watch after this one. If I were working tomorrow I'd be in a panic to get the kids to bed and then myself. I would've spent the day doing laundry and would still be doing laundry. Having been off though, it's done, for now.

Who knows what other gems this gift of a night will bring? The best part is, I've got, after tonight, three more Sunday nights left before I return to work!  I'm choosing to dwell solely on the positive. This is something that is rare for me as well and I do believe can also be chalked up to Sunday night freedom.

One last thing. This is completely unrelated to this post. Yesterday I saw two women wearing socks with their Crocs. In public. I don't think this should even be allowed in private but in public it's like a special kind of fashion transgression. Don't do it ladies. It's paramount to wearing mom jeans with a mock turtleneck. It instantly ages you and removes all semblance of sex appeal.

It had to be said.

No comments:

Post a Comment