Friday, July 23, 2010

Are You Fucking Kidding Me?

I was at the local Liquor Board Store earlier this evening.  I purchased six beer.  Not for myself.  I only drink ice cold beer on very hot days.  While at the till though I asked when they might find themselves re-stocked with the ever so lovely Three Olives Grape Vodka.  Patty Persnickety, the cashier, snarkily advised me the warehouse is out.  Apparently there is one warehouse that supplies the entire province. What the fuck?!

She then advised that as soon as the warehouse has it back in stock,  so will they.  Yeah, no shit.

Then? Then she tried to sell me some other vodka.  It was on sale and according to her "very nice".  Um. 1. All vodka is very nice.  2.  That is not the delicious Three Olives Grape Vodka my very soul is yearning for.  3. It's not grape flavoured, never mind the wrong brand. 4. Although a grown women I prefer my booze taste like candy, bitch and if I was just settling for vodka, I would have purchased maybe a nice bottle of Stoli.  Or maybe some Sweet Carolina Tea flavoured Vodka. I know vodka.

Instead I purchased some Raspberry Ginger Ale at Zellers. 

Sob.

4 comments:

  1. I <3 candy flavored alcohol also. Not xmas tree flavored alcohol or fermented flavored alcohol.
    It is unfortunate that liquor store attendants don't have access to the same customer service training as the ones at the Cadillac dealership. A crime really. I for one have much more use for the liquor than the Cadillac.
    I knew I had to stop by when I saw the name of your blog. And I was right. You rock.
    Loving the Zombie button - thanks, Lady!
    Do you have a button I can put on my Blog Love page?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, then this meeting was meant to be! I was friendly and polite to said liquor store attendant but it took all the good graces I have. Which is not a lot.

    Thanks so much! I don't have a button. It's taken me a very long time to get this far with font colors that don't make people want to scratch their eyes out! So, button? Will take some time. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too, love candy flavored alcohol. But even if I didn't...I only want what I want, not a substitute. So, yeah... Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly. My sister-in-law apparently has some connections and has found out a small town relatively close to here has some in stock and that 'my' store should have more in 2-3 weeks. Light at the end of the tunnel!

    ReplyDelete