Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wendy's So Fucking Useless

Okay so I'm watching The Shining which is one of my all time favourite movies. It upsets me I forgot to add it to my Favourite Movie List on my Profile.  I have loved this movie ever since the first time I saw it.

I am annoying when watching it because I quote it and for two or three days after I go around with finger bent shouting random things at Mrs. Torrance.

Who am I less annoying than?  Fucking Wendy.  Someone should cut that bitch.  Well I guess Jack tried, didn't he?  Seriously poor Danny. I'd fucking let the boy who lives in my stomach take over too if she was my mother. She cannot get shit done and spends far too much time hyperventilating and flailing her limbs.

She gets that nice crack in at his head with the bat and then instead of just taking care of business then and there she fucking drags him to the freezer.  Dumb.

Jack though?  Jack is fucking fantastic.  A little Hair of the Dog that Bit Me. Bourbon on the Rocks.  I'd like to take this moment to send out yet another futile SOS for the location of Three Olives Grape Vodka.  Anyway Jack is bang on with his "All Work And No Play Makes Jack a Dull Boy" because I'm telling you right now, all work and no play makes me a crusty bitch.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm glad Wendy and Danny are safe in the end and feel like shit when Mr.  Halloran takes one for the team.  I just can't cope with Wendy and her corduroy dress and boots and handling that knife like it's a feather duster.

Grady is a bad ass motherfucker.  He's so cutting but elegant in his condescension of Mr. Torrance.  I wish I had that accent and way of speaking so I could tell people off at Wal-Mart or where ever the mood may strike.  Mothertrucker rolls his R's like nobodies business.

REDRUM

7 comments:

  1. My favorite part of that movie is right before she hits him with the bat, when he's trying to talk to her down and can barely contain his contempt for her.

    "Wendddddy. Darling, Sweetheart, LOVE of my LIFE. I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just gonna bash your brains in. I'm gonna bash em right the FUCK in!"

    Cracks me up every single time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACK! The fuchsia colored letters against gray are killing me!

    My eyes! My eyes!

    ACK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay okay okay. I'll fix it =) Blogger newbie here. It took me long enough to get the letters visible. I will now work on esthetics. Beaver lover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. REDRUM it is...

    That movie scared the living crap out of me first time I saw it. Then I read the book, and it got me started on a Stephen King reading obsessive year.

    Saw the movie again years later. Still freaked me out. Of course watching it late at night when I was alone and depressed was not my brightest move, now was it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a freaky movie. We all make silly choices when alone and depressed, it's the nature of the game. My poor choices tend to involve vodka though...and food....sigh.

    ReplyDelete