Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Uninspired

I am having trouble blogging as of late.  Coming up with things to write about.  Things are pretty relaxed right now with the exception of yesterday morning.  Low key even.  We have ants in the house so I got some ant baits that are working well.  Shoot. me. now.

Due to the unattainable-ness of the Three Olives Grape Vodka (maybe if I mention them enough times they'll send me a case) I have not been under the influence for some time, so nothing fun to write about there.

Yesterday I took my oldest and youngest sons out for a bit.  We stopped for a snack at Tim Horton's and we were amidst several senior citizens.  As much as I fear aging, the one nice thing will be able to take the 'guessing out of dressing' and just wear one color head to toe.  There was one table with three ladies at it; one in pink, one in blue and one in green.  And I can't quite remember but I bet there pants were all elastic-waisted.  I love an elastic waist. 

I am pondering getting a puppy.  Those of you who know we well just did a double take and said: "WHAT?!"  And you would be saying that because I have made it clear on more than one occasion that I am not a dog person and the dog we have right now, the ever laid back Toby, is the only dog we'll ever have.  Why?  He's a Golden Retriever and does nothing but shed.  Being at home right now has afforded me the opportunity to stay a little more on top of the housework and the hair removal efforts and the production of those efforts, daily, is astounding.  Aside from that he is a very good dog.  The other downside of dog ownership is if going away, one has to find someone to watch the dog.  We are generally hard pressed to find someone to watch our children which is why our last night away together happened some fourteen months ago thanks to some good friends.   Actually, we generally have better luck finding a dog sitter.

Anyway, on Sunday my oldest son and I saw a dog at Petland that I have not been able to stop thinking about.  My husband tries to pretend he doesn't like this but I know if/when I bring this guy home, all bets will be off.  On the other hand, he says if I get the dog, which is rather pricey, he's getting a new toolbox for his truck.  Sometimes, it's like being married to a teenager. Tit for tat is his biggest obsession.  Don't be dirty people.

And due to the current uncertainty of my future, this may not be the time to spend frivolously.  But I deserve something fun, right?  Plus as I will be home for this week and next, and kids being out of school, someone will always be home for the next six weeks...nice transition time for puppy.  I'm pathetic, I know.

So we are off to Regina today for an orthodontist appointment. Me and my three boys. Will I come back with one more?  What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Get the puppy!

    What is there in the world that a puppy cannot improve? Nothing, that's what.

    Get the puppy!

    And post pictures.

    ReplyDelete